Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Chinese Thanksgiving







On a moped sandwiched between Erin Gray and our translator named Cammy, I was nervously re-evaluating my decision to join the shopping expedition. If you asked me three weeks ago, if this is the situation I'd thought I'd be in on Thanksgiving, I would've said you are crazy! But alas, Erin's partner dropped out of this Chinese expedition and I instinctively said yes when she asked me to take her place. So back across the Pacific I went for the second time this November. The tournament was held in southern China in a small city named Xiaolan. There were twelve international teams with four Chinese teams. Erin and I won all our matches but one tough close one against China 2. We had chances to win in two, but they pulled out game two and out-played us in game 3. We won the bronze medal by beating a tough, fiery Russian duo. Erin played great and it was a joy to play with her. We had a great time and I was happy to bring home a medal and to take part in the medal ceremony. I guess now, officially, my season is over. I am glad to have time to rest and re-cooperate before preparing for the beginning of Olympic Qualification next year.

I'd like to take a moment to specially thank my sponsors for a great 2010 season: Bledsoe, BioGenix, Alisa Wyatt, Raw Sugar Cane, and Chris Phillips! I would not be where I am without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment